Commercial Maintenance Services UK Ltd was established in 2000 and is a privately-owned commercial building maintenance, services and supply company serving the whole of the UK. CMS provides value for money mechanical and electrical engineering services maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of over 100 qualified, uniformed and vetted (DBS) engineers are based at our engineering hubs around the country.
An engineer must be experienced and carry the requisite qualifications for the role employed. We pride ourselves on employing competent engineers to fulfil our client’s requirements and provide them with the best service possible. All engineers must be an enthusiastic ambassador for our business, consistently living our values, exceeding the expectations of our customers, promoting our brand and delivering the bottom line, contributing to the wider business by committing to culture of openness, continuous improvement, collaborative working and interdependence with other teams and team members.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity in our employment practices. It is our policy to ensure that no job applicant nor current employee receives less favourable treatment due to a “protected characteristic” (ie race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or civil partnership, pregnancy/ maternity or gender reassignment) or is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements being placed of him/her which cannot be justified.
OUR SHARED VALUES
Responsiveness – We are agile and quick, responding to the needs of our individual customers. We are never afraid to go the extra mile nor to tackle difficult and demanding projects.
Integrity – We are open and honest with our clients, ourselves and with others, we act with respect and integrity treating people fairly and consistently.
Expertise – We are a people business; we always have the teams with the relevant expertise on the hand to deliver.
· Inspecting and maintaining gas appliances, central heating plant and plant room equipment
· Attending, including out of hours, reactive, diagnostic and emergency repair calls including liaison with colleagues and suppliers to obtain information on parts, costs and lead times
· Installing and carrying out site works associated with the installation of gas appliances, central heating plant and plant room equipment
· Reactive attendance to emergency callouts on 1 in 4 callout rota
· Where appropriate to do so, providing our site based client teams with guidance on the operation and management of their assets and advising them when their plant needs to be replaced or upgraded rather than repaired
· Providing data to support the creation of quotations (including equipment, parts and labour)· To deliver our contracted performance targets and CMS expectations including:
· To be the Subject Matter Expert for one of your regional team's key technical competencies
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Able to pass a DBS check for relevant convictions*
Current ACS qualifications / Commercial Gas Safe registered plumber
Commercial Gas qualifications/Domestic Gas qualifications/Industrial Gas qualifications
Gas Catering qualifications/GAS LPG qualifications
Current driving licence and able to work in the UK
*Our client base includes sites housing “vulnerable people”. A DBS check is conducted for all client-facing employees. A notification under DBS does not necessarily bar an individual from working for CMS. Please discuss any misgiving you may have with our HR team.
Experienced in commercial mechanical services, heating and hot water services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Good interpersonal skills
The ability to work independently and take initiative
Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Outstanding customer service skills
A friendly and professional telephone manner
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Strong attention to detail
It is an express condition of employment that you are prepared to transfer to alternative duties within our Organisation. To include - covering terms of leave as necessary, to take over and cover some duties normally performed by colleagues or outside of normal working hours. This flexibility is essential for operational efficiency as the type and volume of work is always subject to variables.
To speak with a facilities maintenance specialist or request a quote, please send us your contact details and a member of our team will respond to you within the next working day (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm). If your enquiry is urgent please call our 24 hour call centre on 0330 1748 200