Commercial Maintenance Services UK Ltd was established in 2000 and is a privately-owned commercial building maintenance, services and supply company serving the whole of the UK. CMS provides value for money mechanical and electrical engineering services maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of over 100 qualified, uniformed and vetted (DBS) engineers are based at our engineering hubs around the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mechanical Project Manager (MPM) will be based in Gateshead and will working within the National Projects Team, assisting in the expansion of the team, with a view to improving co-ordinated drawings, improved cost control, labour and resource management, together with developing our existing client base across the country.
The MPM will hold responsibility for managing major & minor work schemes, from contract award to practical completion. You will be responsible for labour scheduling, supply chain management, programming of works, H&S management and cost control across each project. You will work with our projects administrator to deliver this in a co-ordinated manner.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity in our employment practices. It is our policy to ensure that no job applicant nor current employee receives less favourable treatment due to a “protected characteristic” (ie race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or civil partnership, pregnancy/ maternity or gender reassignment) or is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements being placed of him/her which cannot be justified.
OUR SHARED VALUES
Responsiveness – We are agile and quick, responding to the needs of our individual customers. We are never afraid to go the extra mile nor to tackle difficult and demanding projects.
Integrity – We are open and honest with our clients, ourselves and with others, we act with respect and integrity treating people fairly and consistently.
Expertise – We are a people business; we always have the teams with the relevant expertise on the hand to deliver.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL)
- Must have full commercial awareness during tendering and project delivery to ensure profitability is maximised.
- Full financial control of the project (from contract award to practical completion).
- Ensure Applications for payment / invoices are submitted on time.
- Report project ‘current financial status’ on a monthly basis to Projects Managers to assist in the departments P&L performance review.
- Manage and monitor the progress of individual projects, expenditure and employee time and allocated tasks within the project delivery period.
- Ability to work across several projects at any one time utilising our labour skillset to enable best customer service delivery and department productivity.
- Ensure the supply chain pipeline is a reliable one and provides best value.
- Ability to work towards given deadlines.
- Work closely with our administration to ensure all subcontractor / supplier POs are placed in good time.
- Ensure all O & M manual information is collated in a timely manner and submitted to Client upon practical completion.
- Ensure the department complies with HASAWA 1974 and CDM Reg 2015.
- Ability to read, understand and review construction drawings (Mechanical & Electrical).
- Desire to develop further skills, knowledge and experience across the renewable energy sector.
- Work to optimise the productivity and efficiency of the projects team through proactive scheduling, analysis and communication - Ensuring customer requirements are met at all times.
- Carry our quality control inspection audits regularly onsite, recording findings and actioning
- Ensure all compliance works are executed in accordance with statutory regulations and legislation, reviewing all certification upon completion.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (DESIRABLE)
- General understanding of building services design and application.
- Ability to manage all aspects of tendering, including pricing, PQQ and early supply chain engagement offering best value.
- Ability to estimate using software such like Amtech Trimble / Cypher / Ensign and or others.
- Ability to manage and understand contracts I.E JCT Minor works / NEC 3 / 4 contract.
- Ability to carry out M&E condition survey reports to buildings / life cycle costing analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Desirable- Relevant H&S Qualification ** Minimum of NCRQ Safety Management or IOSH Managing Safety with 3 months of starting role.
- Desirable- SMSTS
- Desirable- Relevant professional / managerial qualification (I.E PMP) or willingness to work towards this
- Desirable-Related Facilities Management Qualification
- Essential- Driving Licence
- Able to pass a DBS check for relevant convictions*
*Our client base includes sites housing “vulnerable people”. A DBS check is conducted for all client-facing employees. A notification under DBS does not necessarily bar an individual from working for CMS. Please discuss any misgiving you may have with our HR team.
- Experience of working in a M&E projects delivery environment
- Experience working in a M&E design Environment
- Previous administrative and management experience
- Computer Literate Excel / MS Project / Outlook
- Proven ability to produce quality management information
- Engineer management experience
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
It is an express condition of employment that you are prepared to transfer to alternative duties within our Organisation. To include - covering terms of leave as necessary, to take over and cover some duties normally performed by colleagues or outside of normal working hours. This flexibility is essential for operational efficiency as the type and volume of work is always subject to variables.