BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
Negotiable depending upon experience
Established in 2000, CMS is a privately owned national market leader in Facilities Maintenance, built on the core values of Integrity, Expertise and Responsiveness.
With Engineering hubs located throughout the UK, a team of over 130 staff members, CMS offers a range of integrated services, including reactive and planned Gas, Heating, Plumbing, Air-Conditioning, Electrical, Renewables and Catering Services.
Awarded as one of the Top 20 fastest growing companies by the Journal's Fastest 50 companies in 2020, CMS continue to grow at pace, delivering critical services to the Care, Education, Leisure & Hospitality, Retail and Public Sectors.
An engineer must be experienced and carry the requisite qualifications for the role employed. We pride ourselves on employing competent engineers to fulfil our client’s requirements and provide them with the best service possible. All engineers must be an enthusiastic ambassador for our business, consistently living our values, exceeding the expectations of our customers, promoting our brand and delivering the bottom line, contributing to the wider business by committing to culture of openness, continuous improvement, collaborative working and interdependence with other teams and team members.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity in our employment practices. It is our policy to ensure that no job applicant nor current employee receives less favourable treatment due to a “protected characteristic” (ie race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or civil partnership, pregnancy/ maternity or gender reassignment) or is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements being placed of him/her which cannot be justified.
OUR SHARED VALUES
Responsiveness – We are agile and quick, responding to the needs of our individual customers. We are never afraid to go the extra mile nor to tackle difficult and demanding projects.
Integrity – We are open and honest with our clients, ourselves and with others, we act with respect and integrity treating people fairly and consistently.
Expertise – We are a people business; we always have the teams with the relevant expertise on the hand to deliver.
· Carry out routine and planned maintenance tasks to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements
· Carry out and assist with completion, of any reactive tasks within the agreed service level to include, but not limited to, electrical duties
· Complete Planned Maintenance and Reactive tasks to ensure sufficient technical cover to operate the building hard services. To support in providing cost information for chargeable works on site
· Reactive maintenance, servicing / ppm and installation of electrical systems
· Fault finding and repair of electrical and associated systems
· All works associated with the installation, testing & commissioning of all Electrical Systems shall be carried out with a working knowledge and understanding of the NICEIC & IEE Regulations applicable to the Electrical Systems on which such works are to be carried out & be able to complete the relevant certification
· Participate in the On-Call Rota to provide support in the event of an emergency call. Reactive attendance to emergency callouts on 1 in 4 callout rota
· Where appropriate to do so, providing our site-based client teams with guidance on the operation and management of their assets and advising them when their plant needs to be replaced or upgraded rather than repaired
· Providing data to support the creation of quotations (including equipment, parts and labour)
· Understand, anticipate and deliver customer (internal and external) needs while building effective relationships
· Providing excellent customer service, by managing client expectations and ensuring information is communicated between the team and customers· To deliver our contracted performance targets and CMS expectations including:
· To be the Subject Matter Expert for your regional team’s key technical competencies
· Ensure a professional image of CMS is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is always delivered and promoted
· To liaise with client staff to determine requirements and to promote continuous improvement works and project related activity
· Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Technically qualified to at least City & Guilds level/ UK Level 3 NVQ in relevant electrical disciplines or time-served with suitable experience
18th Edition qualification
City & Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection qualification
Must have Electrical Technical experience and be able to hold suitable qualification to be authorised
Relevant H&S qualification
GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
Experienced in co-ordination and supervision of fault finding, diagnostics and rectification activities as part of a planned and reactive maintenance service
Experienced in the use of BMS systems to aid M&E operation and maintenance, including trending, reporting and alarm interrogation
Ability to interface with people including customer staff at all levels
Demonstrable experience and knowledge of working within the Industrial and Commercial sectors
Demonstrable experience and knowledge of HVAC systems
Ability to read and understand schematic and wiring diagrams
Able to pass a DBS check for relevant convictions*
*Our client base includes sites housing “vulnerable people”. A DBS check is conducted for all client-facing employees. A notification under DBS does not necessarily bar an individual from working for CMS. Please discuss any misgiving you may have with our HR team.
To be technically qualified at HND/HNC or above
Experience/qualification in EV Chargers
Experience/qualification in PV systems
Experience and knowledge of Emergency Lighting, Central Battery Unit and UPS systems
Experience with computer Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) building management systems/CAFM/CMMS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Good interpersonal skills
The ability to work independently and take initiative
Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Outstanding customer service skills
A friendly and professional telephone manner
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Strong attention to detail
It is an express condition of employment that you are prepared to transfer to alternative duties within our Organisation. To include - covering terms of leave as necessary, to take over and cover some duties normally performed by colleagues or outside of normal working hours. This flexibility is essential for operational efficiency as the type and volume of work is always subject to variables.
To speak with a facilities maintenance specialist or request a quote, please send us your contact details and a member of our team will respond to you within the next working day (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm). If your enquiry is urgent please call our 24 hour call centre on 0330 1748 200