Commercial Maintenance Services UK Ltd was established in 2000 and is a privately-owned commercial building maintenance, services and supply company serving the whole of the UK. We are based in Gateshead, NE10 and provide value for money mechanical and electrical engineering services maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of over 100 qualified, uniformed and vetted (DBS) engineers are based at our engineering hubs around the country.
An engineer must be experienced and carry the requisite qualifications for the role employed. We pride ourselves on employing competent engineers to fulfil our client’s requirements and provide them with the best service possible. All engineers must be an enthusiastic ambassador for our business, consistently living our values, exceeding the expectations of our customers, promoting our brand and delivering the bottom line, contributing to the wider business by committing to culture of openness, continuous improvement, collaborative working and interdependence with other teams and team members.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity in our employment practices. It is our policy to ensure that no job applicant nor current employee receives less favourable treatment due to a “protected characteristic” (ie race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or civil partnership, pregnancy/ maternity or gender reassignment) or is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements being placed of him/her which cannot be justified.
OUR SHARED VALUES
Responsiveness – We are agile and quick, responding to the needs of our individual customers. We are never afraid to go the extra mile nor to tackle difficult and demanding projects.
Integrity – We are open and honest with our clients, ourselves and with others, we act with respect and integrity treating people fairly and consistently.
Expertise – We are a people business; we always have the teams with the relevant expertise on the hand to deliver.
· Good working background as an air conditioning engineer
· Proficient in fault finding and repair
· To be able to carry out reactive maintenance, serving / ppm and installation of air-conditioning systems
· Working on different systems of air conditioning including split systems, cassettes, VRV’s and VRF’s.
· Experience working on chillers
· Willing to occasionally work on commercial refrigeration, including walk-in fridges and freezers
· Ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations
· Representing the company in a professional and competent manner always
· Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
· Reactive attendance to emergency callouts on 1 in 4 callout rota
· Be able to work alone and as part of a team
· To ensure all PPM and reactive tasks are completed within SLA times set out by our clients
· Receiving client issues and resolving these issues effectively without disruption to business or compromising client relationships
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
F Gas (2079) Category 1 - Essential
NVQ Level 2 or 3 – Air conditioning and Refrigeration - Essential
City and Guilds Level 2 or equivalent- Essential
Relevant H&S Qualifications- Desirable
18th Edition- Desirable
Able to pass a DBS check for relevant convictions- Essential
Experience working with VRV’s, Split units, Chillers and AHUS’s - Essential
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Full Driving Licence and right to work in the UK- Essential
Computer literacy – MS Office- Essential
A proactive approach to problem solving- Essential
Experience working in a customer focused environment- Essential
Ability to develop working relationships with wide range of people- Essential
Use of initiative to deal with enquiries and or problems- Essential
Ability to follow procedures-Essential
Courteous, positive disposition- Essential
Strong customer service skills- Essential
Ability to manage a varied and complex workload- Essential
Flexible approach to working environment and a supportive team member- Essential
Problem solving and decision-making ability- Essential
It is an express condition of employment that you are prepared to transfer to alternative duties within our Organisation. To include - covering terms of leave as necessary, to take over and cover some duties normally performed by colleagues or outside of normal working hours. This flexibility is essential for operational efficiency as the type and volume of work is always subject to variables.
To speak with a facilities maintenance specialist or request a quote, please send us your contact details and a member of our team will respond to you within the next working day (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm). If your enquiry is urgent please call our 24 hour call centre on 0330 1748 200