Commercial Gas Engineer
Job reference: CMS/17-CGE
Application deadline: 31/08/17
Purpose of Job:
Our business is organised in regional teams of up to 20 commercial engineers who work in concert with our central technical support team to deliver, service, repair, maintain and install the full spectrum of commercial building services. You and your colleagues will be the customer facing powerhouse of our business within your region with a portfolio of key clients and sites.
Key areas of accountability:
· Inspecting and maintaining gas appliances, central heating plant and plant room equipment.
· Attending, including out of hours, reactive, diagnostic and emergency repair calls including liaison with colleagues and suppliers to obtain information on parts, costs and lead times.
· Installing and carrying out site works associated with the installation of gas appliances, central heating plant and plant room equipment
· Where appropriate to do so, providing our site based client teams with guidance on the operation and management of their assets and advising them when their plant needs to be replaced or up-graded rather than repaired.
· Providing data to support the creation of quotations (including equipment, parts and labour).
· To deliver our contracted performance targets and CMS expectations including:
Health & Safety
PACE - Profit after controllable expenses
Conformity with our core processes and workflows
· To be the Subject Matter Expert for one of your regional team’s key technical competencies
· Be an enthusiastic ambassador for our business, consistently living our values, exceeding the expectations of our customers, promoting our brand and delivering the bottom line, contributing to the wider business by committing to culture of openness, continuous improvement, collaborative working and interdependence with other teams and team members
Qualifications and Experience:
· Able to pass a DBS check for relevant convictions
· Current ACS Qualifications / Commercial gas safe registered plumber
· Experienced in Commercial Mechanical Services, Heating and Hot Water Services
· Confident style, presentable and personable
· Current Driving License and able to work in the UK
· Knowledge of electrical systems ideally Part P qualified
· Catering systems
· Laundry systems
· Experienced in estimating minor works (<£5k)
To apply email your CV and a covering note quoting the job reference to email@example.com